Irene: " I founded B&B with the belief that making fine jewelry does not have to be detrimental to our values. In partnership with our trusted suppliers, the quality, durability and longevity of our pieces are fundamental when selecting carefully our most noble materials. That is why our materials only include gold and silver, in different versions.




Gold is a material that, when used in jewelry, usually comes in different qualities or degrees of purity. This purity is measured in carats , and can range between 8k and 24K, depending on the amount of gold that has been used to make the jewel in question.

The 18-karat gold that we use in our jewelry is also known as “first-grade gold” or “750.” This last denomination also refers to the amount of pure gold used in its production, being at least 750/1000 thousandths of gold.

Although 24Kt gold represents purity at its finest, there are several reasons why we should take 18K gold more into account when purchasing a piece of jewelry that is made of solid gold.

Pure gold, due to its composition, is a very malleable and deformable material, so it is advisable to add alloys of other metals of higher hardness so that this characteristic does not pose a problem in the future. However, 18-karat gold has 75% pure gold in its composition, with the remaining 25% being other metals, which modify its hardness and resistance.

Therefore, in the design of our jewelry in which we use gold as the main metal, the gold we use is 18k since it obtains a balance between the value of gold and the hardness due to the alloys. This way our jewelry does not lose its shape or beauty.


Solid gold is a precious metal that does not rust or fade. Our 9 carat gold jewelry has 37.5% pure gold in its composition and, although it is less “pure” than 18kt gold, the extra mix of other metals makes it a much more resistant option than any other, ideal to wear every day at a much more affordable price.


We use 925 sterling silver. This means that 92.5% of the piece is pure silver. This is a very durable and economical material ideal for long-term daily use.

Does silver oxidize?

Silver is a noble metal, so it cannot oxidize, but it can darken. This process, called sulfidation, occurs when hydrogen sulfide in the air comes into contact with silver jewelry, changing its color.

Sterling silver jewelry that comes into contact with water or other chemicals may also change its color. Likewise, its alloy with other metals or daily use influences it, which can cause sterling silver jewelry to alter its shine or tone over time. However, although you may think that silver becomes ugly, all of these conditions can be avoided with good care and cleaning of the jewelry.